Connect with us

The Pan-Arabia Enquirer

Woman having nice lunch with friend unsure which social media platform to announce it on

food+drink

Diner undecided whether to break news on Facebook or Twitter

ABU DHABI: According to reports, Sandra Blenham-Wode is undecided whether to first use Twitter or Facebook to reveal that she is currently having a “very nice” lunch and a catch-up with her friend Debbie ‘Debs’ Bottoms.

“I mean, Facebook would obviously give me room to go into detail, you know, so I could perhaps describe the pumpkin salad – maybe even with a photo – and also link in Debs so it appears on her timeline,” the 28-year-old personal assistant told local reporters from the lunch table where she is currently sitting with Bottoms, adding that it’s “always rewarding” to see likes and comments from her Facebook friends.

“But then there’s that sense of breaking news immediacy you get with Twitter. And if I use a few hashtags and include the handle of the café then there’s the chance of getting some retweets or extra followers,” she admitted.

At the time of going to press, rumours suggested that Blenham-Wode was considering a “two-tiered” approach, in which she would first announce the news on Twitter and then follow this up with a larger feature on Facebook. “But I might wait until after we’ve finished dessert or Debs has finally shut-up about her new baby,” she is believed to have said.

Continue Reading
You may also like...
9 Comments

9 Comments

1. Samatha Brick

May 5, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I would definitely go the Twitter approach if I was Sandra. Perhaps a couple of tweets with each course. Perhaps even an Instagram or two?

However, what she is failing to appreciate is that with the right hashtag and a photo of Bottoms there is a good chance she can claim to be a food blogger and blag the lunch for free.

#Amateur.

2. Messi

May 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I will launch a website and press release. and ask an agency to design brand mark for this great occasion. also may ask some TV reporters to cover the meal on major channels.

3. Deb aka Debbie "Debs" Bottoms

May 5, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Why no mention about my quinoa salad?!

4. SERIOUSLY

May 6, 2013 at 9:58 am

You know what I will do. putting my phone away!!,… Not even using FB or Tw. I will gave my full attention to my friend and enjoying a nice lunch with her! GET REAL enjoy life with the people around you, not your social media or phone! Don’t forget to use your social media when you waiking up, when you brush your teeth, when you’re taking your shower, when you’re taking your car, when you enjoy a 5 min break at work and so on!! Yet a real life not a MEDIA life!

• bong@hom.com

May 7, 2013 at 6:04 am

S

A

T

I

R

E

(look it up)

• Chris de Burj

May 7, 2013 at 7:46 am

Whoah, I can use FB and Twitter while taking a shower ? Do you have a waterproof iPhone or something ? Where can I get one ? I hope you weren’t just exaggerating for effect…

To think there are 5 more minutes of my day where I could be connected.

Obviously I text and tweet in all the other cases you mentioned, especially while driving my car. I have my lights set on permanent flash so I can just drive along at 160km/h and everyone gets out of my way, leaving the lane clear and my hands free.

• Catlin

January 30, 2014 at 9:38 am

You can the new Nokia phone in the shower. Haven’t you heard the dreadful radio ads?

• Anonymous

January 30, 2014 at 10:46 am

Nokia still around?

• Angry Andy

January 1, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Well said, it’s shocking and staggering and I feel compelled to use THIS social medium to say so